Hadson Immigration

How to Immigrate to Canada as a Baker

How to Immigrate to Canada as a Baker

Are you passionate about baking?

If so, you might be in for a sweet future! Canada is a land of milk and honey, with a plethora of employment opportunities for virtually every profession and skill level. Therefore, if you are a baker in search of the greenest pastures that produce the finest baking ingredients, the Great White North is a top-tier immigration destination. Prepare to discover how to immigrate to Canada as a baker.

Canada encourages skilled bakers from abroad to apply for permanent residency due to the country’s severe shortage of skilled workers.

Which TEER Classification applies to Bakers?

Canada classifies bakers as skilled professionals who create all types of baked goods, including bread, cakes, muffins, pies, pastries, cookies, and cakes. Bakers are employed in a variety of settings, including retail stores, large wholesale operations, catering companies, hospitals, and hotels, among others. Bakers may also be self-employed or hold positions in management.

According to the new National Classification System (NOC 2021 Version 1.0), bakers are classified under the broad occupational category 6 and the major group 63 for – Sales and service occupations.

As a baker, your occupation is classified as TEER 3, as it typically requires a bachelor’s degree or less than two years of apprenticeship training. Alternately, you may be required to have over six months of on-the-job training.

Opportunities for Bakers in Canada

  • Baker
  • Baker apprentice
  • Supervising baker
  • Bread Baker
  • Head baker

Note that chocolate manufacturers and chocolatiers also fall under this NOC code.

Bakery Employment Requirements in Canada

  • Completion of secondary education Training on the job
  • A program of three to four years of apprenticeship or
  • A college program for bakers
  • Sufficient experience in commercial baking upon passing the interprovincial Red Seal examination
  • Certification for Access to Trade is available in the majority of Canadian provinces and territories.

Opportunities for Bakers to Find Work in Canada

Alberta has the most opportunities for this occupation, with 188 positions, followed by Ontario and British Columbia, with 187 and 184 positions, respectively, according to Canada’s Job Bank.

Job Bank also provides the following employment outlook for bakers in Canada over the next three years:
  • Alberta – Moderate
  • British Columbia – Fair
  • Manitoba – Excellent
  • Newfoundland and Labrador – Mild
  • Northwest Territories – Uncertain
  • Nova Scotia – Acceptable
  • Nunavut – Uncertain
  • Ontario – Moderate
  • Island of Prince Edward – Moderate
  • Quebec – Moderate
  • Saskatchewan – Moderate
  • New Brunswick – Mild
  • Yukon Territory – Undetermined

How Bakers Can Immigrate to Canada

To be a successful baker in Canada, you must have the necessary education and credentials. Here are the steps you must take in order to immigrate to Canada.

First, confirm your eligibility

Before applying for any Canadian immigration or Visa program, you must first determine your eligibility.

First, ensure that you meet the educational and employment prerequisites. With more than one hundred visa and immigration programs available, you will also need to determine which ones match your profile the best.

Step 2: Determine Your Ideal Route to Canada

“Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker’s man, I wish to reach Canada as quickly as possible…” If this song is playing in your head, we have the perfect route to Canada for you.

Express Entry is the most popular method for immigrating to Canada. It is, as its name implies, the quickest way to obtain permanent residency in Canada.

This efficient online immigration portal utilizes the Comprehensive Ranking System, a points-based system. During routine draw rounds, the highest-scoring candidates receive Invitations to Apply (ITA). Once you receive an ITA, you can submit an official application to immigrate to Canada as a baker within six months!

You can apply for two of the three immigration programs managed by Express Entry as a baker:

the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and the Federal Trades Worker Program (FTWP).
Canada Express Entry

The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is intended for highly skilled foreign nationals with exceptional French or English communication skills and postsecondary education.

  • The Federal Skilled Trades Worker Program (FSTW) is intended for foreign nationals who are skilled in a trade occupation, such as bakers, and who have a job offer or a certificate of qualification issued by a Canadian government agency.

Step 3: Complete Your Online Account Information

If you meet the requirements for immigration to Canada, you must create an online profile, submit all supporting documents, and wait for an invitation to apply from the IRCC.

Documents you might require include:

  • Language test results
  • Evidence of Qualifications
  • Police authorization
  • Medical release
  • Valid travel documents

Step Four: Verify Your CRS Score

Your profile as a candidate is evaluated based on your skill set, qualifications, work experience, etc.

Each category will be graded, and you will then receive a CRS score. During the process, candidates can earn up to 1,200 CRS points, which are divided into Core or Human Capital Points and Additional points.

A few factors, such as age, education, languages, employment experience, and skills, earn you points. If you have a job offer, speak a second language spoken in Canada, or have a sibling in the country, you will receive additional points. A Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) nomination also ensures 600 points.

Step 5: Obtain an ITA

If you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency in Canada, you will have sixty days to submit your application, supporting documentation, and language test results.

Prepare for a New Bread in Canada

With numerous opportunities in Canada and an express immigration option, there is a chance that you will be living the good life in Canada sooner rather than later.

Before applying, you must ensure that you meet all of the requirements. Need assistance checking off all the immigration boxes? Then, utilize one of our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants, who are available to assist you throughout the process.


Before applying to the FSTW, you must meet the following requirements:

  • One year of work experience within the previous ten years
  • Excellent command of English and French
  • No job offer necessary
  • No less than a High School Diploma

Before applying for the FSTW, you must satisfy the following prerequisite:

  • Two years’ work experience within the last five years
  • Excellent English or French language abilities
  • Only if you do not possess a certificate of qualification issued by a Canadian authority is a job offer required.
  • A qualification certificate issued by a Canadian authority, in the absence of a job offer.
There are numerous ways to accomplish this.

Try improving your language scores, securing a job in Canada, applying for a Provincial Nomination, or exploring one of the numerous other options available.


The first step towards moving to Canada is to get an assessment of your specific situation. Call us today at +1 613.222.7154 for an assessment to see if you are eligible to move to Canada, or fill out our online assessment form. 

Whatsapp:  +1 613.222.7154

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top
Send Us Message
Need Help?
Hello, Let's connect to discuss.